Tuesday 27 March 2012

26/03/12

A lovely scorcher of a day leads me to about 20m away to the left of Colwyn Bay Pier. Starting at an hour and a half before high tide (which was still plenty high) and an hour down. I only used a 2 hook flapper one hook having fluro beads above it and one plain. I was after using up some old bait so todays offering for the fish was some left over frozen lug, some salted lug and an old Mackerel fillet. In the first hour I had several bites to the frozen lug worm but ended up striking at nothing. The bites were solid enough but nothing there when I struck. Talking to another angler as I packed up he had been having the same bite issue a little further up. I tried each of the baits until they ran out and something had been having a go at the maccy strips but this stretch of beach is thick with crabs. All in all it was an enjoyable days fishing if not very productive. I will try this mark again in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment